Project Quality Engineer – Rolling Stock-TCOO-THBK02303746
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Project Quality Engineer – Rolling Stock
Purpose of the job
The RST Quality Assurance Engineer (RST-QAE), is responsible for overseeing the Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) of all quality relevant elements, such as product quality requirements, the manufacturing process preparation, in process control, feedback/feed forward, and quality process management related to the Manufacturing, Delivery, Testing and Commissioning activities of the Rolling Stock (RST). The RST-QAE supports the project in the correct usage of Quality Tools and practices to ensure best quality and delivery of the RST. The RST-QAE optimize the problem-solving process and ensures that Quality Control and inspection activities are supported according to the defined process such as Witness Point and Hold Point by the manufacturer.
• Work closely with PBTS Quality team to ensure successful implementation of BT Quality Management System throughout the manufacturing phase of the RST inclusive of the critical checkpoints and witnessing points of the Manufacturing process.
• Support review of Manufacturing process Flow, Assembly drawings, Test Procedure/Reports and Quality checklists prepared by PBTS to ensure proper implementation of work and checking methodology.
• Able to identify the manufacturing quality failures and conduct through investigation inclusive of 8D method to ensure no re-occurrence.
• Continuously review sub-contractors QAQC activities and QMS implementation on site and suggest improvement as needed.
• Conducts the final inspection before release of RST and during handover to the customer.
• Supply accurate, complete and timely information to PQM and project team, in case of Quality, Time & Cost (QTC) impact to the project.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
• Bachelor degree in Quality, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalents industrial experience.
Relevant experience required
• Significant experience in large railway or construction project preferred.
• Good English and Thai proficiency with written and oral communication skills.
• Very good knowledge and experience of quality standards and quality checks.
• Very good knowledge of feedback / feed forward processes, quality gates, problem solving, 8D.
• Knowledge of PDCA and Quality Tools are advantageous
• Have conducted audits at different levels or discipline.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Quality Assurance/Control
Unposting Date: 12.10.2020, 11:59:00 AM